About Spherical Silicon Solar Cell Modules
- High productivity because silicon is melted and sphericalized.
- There is no silicon cutting process, and the light-condensing structure requires less raw materials.
- Since crystalline silicon is used, conversion efficiency is high and there is no photodegradation.
- Since aluminum is used for the substrate, it will not crack. Also, it can be bent.
Compared to conventional crystalline silicon solar cells
- Silicon raw material used per 1W: 1/5 or less
- Process energy consumption less than 1/2
- Achievement of equivalent performance / reliability
- Flexible support
High-efficiency elemental technology for concentrating spherical solar cells
- High quality silicon sphere
- Introduction of textured light confinement structure
- Defect inactivation by bulk passivation
- Reduction of surface recombination due to surface passivation
- Lowering the resistance of the conductive antireflection film
- Improvement of light collection rate by optimizing the substrate reflector structure