PV system・LED lighting・Clean Venture 21 corp.
About spherical silicon solar cells with micro reflector cups
What are spherical silicon solar cells?
- Productivity is high, as the silicon is melted and shaped into balls.
- There’s no silicon cutting process, and thanks to the use of reflector cups.
- Due to the use of crystalline silicon, conversion efficiency is high and there is no degradation from exposure to sunlight.
- As the substrate is made from aluminum, it is both unbreakable and bendable.
Comparison with conventional wafer-based silicon solar cell
- Silicon raw material per 1 W is less than 1/5
- Energy consumption by manufacturing processes is less than 1/2
- Comparable performance and reliability are achieved.
- Flexible modules are realized.
Basic technologies for higher efficiency of spherical solar cells with micro reflector cups
- Higher crystallization of silicon balls
- Introduction of light-trapping texture
- Introduction of bulk passivation that renders defects inert
- Reduction of surface combinations by surface passivation
- Reduction of conductive AR film resistivity
- Improvement of light-concentrating ratio by optimization of reflectors in a substrate